1.My friends … to the museum last weekend .
a. goes b. went c . had gone
2. Thu and Lan … close friends for years .
a. are b. were c . have been
3. Our Singaporean … to visit our school last year.
a. come b. came c. have come
4. The tourists … by the river of Phonng Nha cave .
a. impressed b. were impressing c . were impressed .
5. We .. Malaysia last year .
a. visited b. were visiting c. have visited
6. The students used to … football in that stadium .
a. played b. play c. playing
7. Her parents wanted him … some goods books to read .
a. to choose b. choose c. chose
8. They used … early but now they are used to … early.
a. get – get b. got – getting c. to get - getting
9. Would you like … and visit my country ?
a. come b. to come c. coming
10. I’d rather … out than stay home .
a. going b. go c. to go
11. We watch a television program … “ Little flowers “ last night .
a. calling b. called c. call
12. She wanted to go to the movie … she couldn’t .
a. but b . and c. so
13. He wishes he … around the world .
a. can travel b. could travel c . travel
14. They wish they… they a new house .
a. have b . had c. will have
15 . Their friends wish the teacher … them in the next trip.
a. accompanied b . will company c. would accompany .
16. He wishes he … the billionaire.
a. were b . is c. will be
17. The children …. Their grandparents for a long time .
a. didn’t see b. haven’t see c. don’t see .
18. I and Kenny … pen pal friends since I … Singapore .
a. are – visited b. were – visited c. have been - visited
19. All the students wish they … the President again .
a. will meet b. would meet c. meet
20 . My children are lucky … a chance to visit the capital .
a. have b. to have c . having .
1. They wish they … the top of the highest mountain .
a. can reach b. could reach c . reach
2 . The children enjoy … with their friends through computers
a. to c hat b. chat c. chatting
3 . She knows how … French.
a. to speak b. speak c. speaking
4. Her father used to … abroad for his business.
a. traveling b. treveled c. travel
5. They hope they … meet their pen pal friends one day.
a. would meet b. will meet c. could
6. My friends … to the zoo but we … yesterday.
a. didn’t go – were b. didn’t go – did c. don’t go – were .
7. The kids … that show before .
a. didn’t see b. don’t see c. haven’t seen .
8. How often …. you … sports ? – Twice a week .
a. did – play b. do – play c. have – played
9. How long … you … for me ? - For an hour .
a. did – wait b. have – waited c. do - wait
10. How long … it …. you to go to work ?
a. did – take b. does – take c. has – taken
11. It was a boring weekend , I … anything .
a. don’t do b. didn’t do c. would do.
12. Lan and Maryam are pen pals . They … each other twice a month .
a. are writing b. write c. wrote
13. Lan enjoyed the atmosphere … Maryam was praying .
a. When b. while c. where .
14. I was very … by the efficiency of the staff .
a. impressed b. comprised c. interested
15. I rarely eat ice cream now but I … it when I was a child .
a. eat b. used to eat c. has eaten .
16. Nam wishes he …. Thanh some money for her rent , but he’s broke himself
a. can lend b. could lend c. lend
17. Would you like …. and visit me next summer ?
a. to come b. coming c. come
18. We must learn English at school . It’s a(n) ….. subject .
a. compulsory b. national c. optional .
19. This book … for children last year.
a. write b. was written c. wrote
20. His classmates …. for him since 8 o’clock.
a. wait b. has waited c. waiting.
-----Phạm Tiến Giáp-----