168 câu trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh cơ bản THPT
1. John isn’t contented with his present salary
A. excited about B. satisfied with C. disappointed with D. interested
2. We seldom see each other anymore.
A. somtimes B. accationally C. frequently D. rarely
3. She purchased a number of shares in the company.
A. invested B. sold C. exchanged D. bought
4. She got…as soon as the alarm went …..
A. over/on B. up/down C. up/off D. on/off
5. The plane from Dallas …….two hours late, so I missed my connecting flight from Franfurt to London.
A. took on B. took in C. took over D. took off
6. We had a nice chat over a cup of tea.
A. formal talk B. informal talk C. serious talk D. long talk
7. It was time to……the kids ready for bed.
A. prepare B. get C. take D. make
8. Is was a difficult time, but we never gave up hope.
A. stopped B. continued C. had D. offered
9. I’ll see him when he…here tomorrow.
A. comes B. will come C. has come D. had come
10.We’ve given up ….to persuade them ……..
A. try/changing B. trying/to change C. to try/changing D. try/to change
11. Maria is going to stop….dinner, so she may me late.
A. eating B. to eat C. for eating D. eat
12. As soon as the light turned red, she ….the car.
A. stopped B. has stopped C. was stopping D. stops
13. The baby is so big! How much……now ?
A. is she weighing B. she weighs C. does she weigh D. did she weigh
14. Harry works all the time.He……..
A. never relaxes B. relaxes never C. often relaxes D. relaxes sometimes
15. These glasses are so dirty.You need …….them.
A. wash B. washing C. to wash D. washed
16. The last time I…swimming was when we was in Spain.
A. had gone B. went C. has gone. D. was going
17. Johnny ….the paper when I ……home.
A. read/interrupted B. read/was interrupting
C. has read/interrupted D. was reading/interrupted
18. We were told ……and fasten our seat belts.
A. to seat down B. sitting down C. sit down D. that sit down
19. The house was very quiet when I got home. Everybody ….to bed.
A. have gone B. went C. had gone D. goes
20. It was the most……..experience of my life.
A. frighten B. frightening C. frightened D. frightful
21. Ann is interested in…..young children.
A. teach B. teaches C. to teach D. teaching
22. I finished ……the book and went to bed.
A. reading B. to read C. read D. to be read
23. The police questioned me at some length and I didn’t enjoy…..
A. to question B. questioning C. to be questioned D. beiing questioned
24. Dad allowed Dora …..to the party.
A.going B.to go C.go D.gone
25. My teacher expected me……well in exams.
A.do B.doing C.to do D.to have done
26. Will you please stop ……TV channels.
A. to change B. change C. be changed D. changing
27. My glasses are in my book bag, but I don’t remember …..them there.
A. putting B. to put C. I put D. put
28. I’d like….some where different for a change.
A. to go B. going C. go D. to have gone
29. He agreed ……the job as soon as possible.
A. start B. starting C. to start D. to be started
30. Look at the windows! They really need………
A. to clean B. cleaning C. to be cleaned D. B and C are correct
31. I’m tired.I’d rather…..out this evening, if you don’t mind.
A. not going B. not to go C. don’t go D. not go
32. The bank manager advised……a loan.
A. to take me out B. me taking out C. me to take out D. me take out’
33. I must go now. I promised….. late.
A. not being B. not to be C. to not be D. I wouldn’t be
34. The children are looking forward …..their grandma again.
A. seeing B. to see B. to seeing D. to be seen
35. Our teacher made me….all the questions.
A. answer B. to anwer C. answering D. answered
36. I don’t mind…..home but I’d rather …. A taxi.
A. to walk/to get B. walking/to get C. walking/get D. to walk/getting
37. It is/n’t safe for children……on ladders.
A. playing B. to play C. play D. played
38. Famous people get tired of……everywhere they go.
A. recognizing B. to recognize C. recognize D. being recognized
39.You shouldn’t spend all your time……
A. study B. to study C. studying D. studied
40. John doesn’t play tennis. David doesn’t play tennis.
A. Both John and David doesn’t play tennis.
B. Neither John nor David plays tennis.
C. Not either John or David plays tennis.
D. Not only John but also David doesn’t play tennis.
41: If you do the washing up, I’ll cook lunch.
A. I can’t do the washing up but I’ll cook lunch.
B. If you can’t cook, you can do the washing up.
C. You do the washing up and I’ll cook lunch.
D. If you don’t do anything, I won’t, either.
42: We had nothing to eat but bananas.
A. We ate everything but not bananas.
B. We didn’t eat anything even bananas.
C. Bananas were all we had to eat.
D. Nothing to eat was better than bananas.
43: The coach said, “It’s time for you to go home, boys!”
A. The coach told the boys that it was time for you to go home.
B. The coach tells the boys that it was time for them to go home.
C. The coach told the boys that it is time for them to go home.
D. The coach told the boys that it was time for them to go home.
44: A small church lies at the foot of the hill.
A. At the foot of the hill a small church lie.
B. At the foot of the hill does a small church lies.
C. At the foot of the hill lies a small church.
D. At the foot of the hill does lie a small church.
45: All of us are waiting the man ______ son was lost.
A. who B. which C. whom D. whose
46: Ken asked Barbara_____ she would like to go to the cinema.
A. unless B. in case C. regarding D. whether
47: _____ the old man spoke very slowly and clearly, I couldn’t understand him at all.
A. If B. Because C. Since D. Although
48: The girl ______ is our neighbor.
A. talks to the lady over there
B. is talking to the lady over there
C. was talking to the lady over there
D. talking to the lady over there
49: Her eyes were red and puffy _____ she had been crying a lot last night.
A. even if B. since C. because of D. despite
50: My daughter often says that she won’t get married until she _____ 25 years old.
A. is B. will be C. will have been D. has been
51: Don’t ask me anything about sports. I like ______ football _____ tennis.
A. neither / nor B. both / and C. not only/ but also D. either / or
52: The old manager has just retired, so Jack takes _____ his position.
A. on B. out C. in D. up
53: Your last job was a bank manager, _____ it?
A. isn’t B. doesn’t C. didn’t D. wasn’t
54: Children will work hard if the lessons are _____.
A. expressing B. inquiring C. disappointing D. interesting
55: _____ Long has finished his work, he will go home.
A. As quickly as B. As far as C. As soon as D. As long as
56: Life here is very ______.
A. peace B. peacefully C. peaceful D. peacefulness
57: It is raining outside, and Tom brought his umbrella with him _____ he wouldn’t get wet.
A. so as to B. in order C. so that D. in order to
58: _____ quarrelled with her boyfriend yesterday, she doesn’t want to answer his phone call.
A. Having B. Because having C. Because hadn’t D. Having not
59: I gave up the job, _____ the attractive salary.
A. because B. because of C. although D. despite
60: Everyone was asleep when the enemy ______.
A. was attacking B. attacked C. had attacked D. attacking
61: Jack can speak two languages. One is English. ______ is Vietnamese.
A. Other B. The other C. Another D. Others
62: Dogs are good traveling companions. They will go _____ you take them.
A. whichever B. wherever C. whatever D. whenever
63: He keeps working _____ feeling unwell.
A. although B. because of C. in spite of D. unless
64: He talked as if he ______ where she was.
A. knew B. had known C. would know D. were knowing
65: Please don't be so ______ I can't do all the work by myself.
A. reason B. reasonable C. unreasonable D. reasonably
66: Lomonosov was not _____ a great scientist but also a very talented poet.
A. hardly B. fairly C. merely D. scarcely
67: My father asked me _____ of the film.
A. what do you think B. what I think C. what did you think D. what I thought
68: Mr Gibbon usually drinks mineral water, but in this party he _____ champagne.
A. drinks B. will drink C. has drunk D. is drinking
69: The manager did not offer her the job because of her untidy ______.
A. sight B. view C. presence D. appearance
70: Kate is going to the United States for her holiday. She ______ up for nearly a year now.
A. save B. saves C. is saving D. has been saving
71: The doctor advised me ______ .
A. smoke B. not smoking C. not to smoke D. not to smoking
72: “Will you come to the party tomorrow?”
- “I will if I _____ no visitors.”
A. have B. will have C. had D. am having
73: Do you know the boy_______ father is a teacher.
A. that B. whom C. whose D. which
74: He ______ the effects of radiation when he suddenly died.
A. was studying B. studied C. had been studying D. had studied
75: I think he _____ better not encourage the students to take extra lessons.
A. will B. should C. could D. had
76: Dr.Sales is a person _______ I don’t have much confidence.
A. whom B. in whom C. in that D. that
77: He thought much of his childhood ______ he lived with his family in the country.
A. that B. where C. when D. which
78: His grandfather died ______ the age of 90.
A. in B. of C. on D. at
79: He always _______ .
A. avoids to meet me B. avoiding to meet me
C. avoids meeting me D. to avoid meeting me
80: There was a lot of traffic _______.
A. and we got to the airport on time
B. but we managed to get to the airport in time
C. because we had to get to the airport on time
D. so that we could get to the airport in time
81: Let’s go out for a walk, _____ ?
A. do we B. don’t we C. won’t we D. shall we
82: I was learning maths when _______ .
A. my mother comes back B. my mother came back
C. my mother has come back D. my mother is coming back
83: “Who sings best in your school?” -“Minh _____.”
A. sings B. is C. has D. does
84: Several _______ are known to cause cancer to develop.
A. chemists B. chemistry C. chemical D. chemicals
85: Please ask them ______ in this area.
A. don’t smoke B. not smoking C. to not smoke D. not to smoke
86: The boy ______ is standing there is my son.
A. which B. who C. whose D. whom
87: Television _____ very popular since the 1950s.
A. is B. was C. has been D. had been
88: Drinking and smoking will do great harm ______ people’s health.
A. to B. for C. with D. in
89: It is the largest ship I _______ .
A. had seen B. saw C. have ever seen D. see
90: Everybody in both cars _______ injured in the accident last night.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
91: _______ to have lunch with us today?
A. Do you like B. Would you like C. Will you like D. Have you like
92: We were disappointed that most of the guests ______ when we arrived at the party.
A. leave B. left C. have left D. had left
93: Pupils are looking forward to _______ on holiday.
A. go B. going C. went D. have gone
94: She hasn’t heard from her son ________.
A. for several weeks B. for several weeks ago
C. since several weeks D. since several weeks ago
95: Gold _____ near San Francisco in 1848, and the gold rush started the following year.
A. discovered B. was discovered C. has been discovered D. is discovered
96: I’ll introduce to you the man ______ support is necessary for your project.
A. who. B. whom. C. that. D. whose.
97: All the guests got dressed in ________ costume.
A. nation B. national C. nationally D. nationalize
98: The more he tried to explain, ________.
A. the most confused we got B. the much confused we got
C. the more confused we got D. the many confused we got
99.Tom can run faster than Tim.
A. Tim can run faster than Tom. B. Tim can run as fast as Tom.
C. Tim can not run as fast as Tom. D. Tom can run as slowly as Tim
100. Hurry up or you'll be late _____ school.
A. on B. in C. to D. for
101. May I introduce you _____ Mrs. Brown?
A. for B. with C. to D. of
102. _____ the students in my class enjoy taking part in social activities.
A. Most of B. Most C. Many D. The number of
103. He's always busy. He has _____ time to relax.
A. much B. little C. a little D. plenty of
104. I am used to _____ by plane.
A. travel B. to travel C. travelled D. travelling
105. Doctors use laser beams _____ bone in ear surgery.
A. to remove B. remove C. removing D. removed
106. We set off early _____ we wouldn't get stuck in the traffic.
A. because B. so that C. although D. in case
107. He always wears clothes _____ are too small for him.
A. why B. what C. which D. where
108. He felt _____ with the results of his exam.
A. disappointing B. disappointed C. disappointedly D. disappointment
109. Don't be afraid. This snake is _____ .
A. harm B. harmful C. harmless D. unharmed
110. Fortunately, the plane landed _____ after the violent storm.
A. safe B. safely C. unsafe D. safety
111. During his _____, his family lived in the United States.
A. child B. childish C. childlike D. childhood
112. She did the job_____ .
A. succeed B. successful C. successfully D. unsuccessful
113. There are a lot of _____ jobs in this company.
A. attractive B. attracted C. attract D. attraction
114. She’d rather watch television, _____?
A. doesn’t she B. didn’t she C. hadn’t she D. wouldn’t she
115. I’ve lived near the airport for so long that I’ve got _____ to the noise of the planes.
A. familiar B. known C. used D. custom
116. If only he_____ accept some help with the work instead of trying to do it alone!
A. will B. may C. would D. were
117. I was born in Scotland but I_____ in Northern Ireland.
A. grew up B. grow up C. am growing up D. would grow up
118. Please call the doctor if the victim is _____ hurt.
A. bad B. serious C. badly D. accidentally
119. The policeman _______ me the way to the station.
A. told B. said C. explained D. directed
120.We didn’t _____ the station in time to catch the train.
A. get B. make C. arrive D. reach
121. By the time Alfonso finally graduated from high school, he _____ seven different schools because hisparents moved frequently.
A. attended B. was attending C. had attended D. had been attending
122.A small stone struck the windshield while we_____ down the gravel road.
A. drive B. were driving C. had driven D. had been driving
123.The headmaster disapproved_____ his behaviour.
A. with B. by C. on D. of
124. The shop opposite my house sells a variety of _____ .
A. objects B. purchases C. goods D. productions
125.The new shopping centre is big. It's advertised as a place ______ you can find just about anything you might want to buy.
A. where B. which C. in where D. in that
126.He arrived at the hotel with only_____ luggage.
A. a little B. a few C. few D. little
127.They_____ all day swimming and sunbathing at the beach.
A. passed B. used C. spent D. occupied
128."Where's Loan?" - "She _______"
A. is in her room studying B. in her room is studying
C. studies in her room D. has in her room studied
129. "Is this the address to ______ you want the package sent?"
A. where B. that C. which D. whom
130. His parents never allowed him _____.
A. to smoking B. smoked C. smoking D. to smoke
131. I have always wanted to visit Paris, ______ of France.
A. is the capital B. which the capital is
C. that is the capital D. the capital
132. The glass is made ______ sand.
A. of B. in C. from D. at
133. Don’t make noise. My mother _______ with her friends.
A. is talking B. was talking C. talks D. talked
134. "Ms. Nga, please type those letters before noon."
"They've already ______, sir. They're on your desk."
A. typed B. been typed C. being typed D. been being typed
135. He was offered the job_____ he had no experience.
A. even though B. despite C. while D. however
136. He’s even worse than his sister _____ maths.
A. at B. with C. in D. for
137. Let your name _____ in the sheet of paper.
A. to be written B. be written C. write D. being written
138. In Vietnam, children start _____ school at the age of six.
A. kindergarten B. secondary C. nursery D. primary
139.The thief wore gloves so as to avoid leaving any fingerprints.
A. The thief wore gloves so as to not leave any fingerprints.
B. The thief wore gloves so that not leave any fingerprints.
C. The thief wore gloves in order not to leave any fingerprints.
D. The thief wore gloves in order to not leave any fingerprints.
140. She started learning English ten years ago.
A. She has not learnt English before. B. She has learnt English since ten years.
C. She has started learning English for ten years. D. She has learnt English for ten years.
141. “Don’t forget to phone the office”, she said
A. She reminded him not forget to phone the office.
B. She reminded him to forget not to phone the office.
C. She reminded him to phone the office.
D. She reminded him about phoning the office.
142.They spent a lot of money on food and clothes.
A. A lot of money was spent on food and clothes. B. A lot of money were spent on food and clothes.
C. A lot of money on food and clothes were spent. D. Money was spent a lot on food and clothes.
143. It is believed that the man escaped in a stolen car.
A. The man is believed to be escaped in a stolen car.
B. The man is believed to have escaped in a stolen car.
C. The man was believed to be escaped in a stolen car.
D. They believed that the man stole the car.
144. Brenda: "Do you think it will rain?" Carol: "Oh!______."
A. I don’t hope B. I hope not C. I don't hope so D. It’s hopeless
145: The librarian told us not _______ reference books out of the library.
A. taking B. to take C. take D. took
146: The animals gathered closely together for ______.
A. warmed B. warm C. warmth D. warmly
147: The house caught fire while they _____.
A. are sleeping B. have slept C. sleep D. were sleeping
148: Thank you for _____ me.
A. invite B. inviting C. invited D. invitation
149: In our school library, there are several large tables _____ we can sit to read books.
A. where B. that C. when D. which
150: Don't read that book. It's _____.
A. bore B. boredom C. boring D. bored
151: We agreed _____ Mr. Wilson was a good teacher.
A. what B. which C. if D. that
152: Yesterday was the day ______ they celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary.
A. when B. then C. what D. which
153: If I _____ ten years younger, I would do yoga everyday.
A. are B. am C. have been D. were
154: That's the house _____ he used to stay.
A. in which B. of which C. on which D. which
155: I don’t mind _____ you with it if you can’t find anyone else.
A. help B. helped C. helping D. to help
156: Many Vietnamese people are fond _____ watching football.
A. of B. about C. with D. in
157: Mary ______ in London for 15 years.
A. is living B. was living C. has lived D. lives
158: This house, _____ he bought in 1990, is being repaired at the moment.
A. that B. which C. who D. what
159: There is _____ water in the bottle.
A. many B. a number of C. few D. a little
160: Peter ______ at the moment, so he can't answer the telephone.
A. works B. has worked C. is working D. worked
161: French _____ in Quebec, Canada.
A. has spoken B. is spoken C. is speaking D. speaks
162: We are not used _____ on the left.
A. to drive B. to driving C. driving D. to be driven
163: Could you ______ me how to use this new mobile phone?
A. explain B. say C. direct D. show
164: The Second World War _____ in 1939.
A. starts B. started C. start D. has started
165: He was looking for an eraser _____ he could erase a mistake in his composition.
A. because B. therefore C. so that D. however
166: My sister had a baby girl yesterday, and this is my first ______.
A. son B. daughter C. niece D. nephew
167: Dora: “What’s your name?”
A. Really? B. Pardon? C. OK. D. Forgive me.
168: There are _____ planets in the universe that we cannot count them.
A. so much B. such C. so many D. soNguồn: http://diendankienthuc.net.
View more random threads:
- Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 HKII
- Tổng hợp ngữ pháp cơ bản môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
- Đề thi chuyên 2008-2009
- Đề thi và đáp án tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh...
- Bài tập bổ trợ Tiếng Anh 9 ( Unit 1 - Unit 5)
- Đề kiểm tra HSG Tiếng Anh 9
- Đề thi HSG Tiếng Anh 9 tỉnh Hải Dương
- Bài tập tiếng Anh 9
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 năm 2013 KV Sài...
- 5 dề thi chuyên Anh của sở GD-ĐT hot nè!